Friday, May 22, 2015

Week 7: Mobile Learning

This week, we played on iPads and found some apps that could be used in a classroom setting.  I played around with Splash Math for 1st grade.  It was a game that allowed a student to answer 10 questions per day, in any sort of math area.  I focused on the questions that were directed at learning how to tell time.  I think that for the grade level and content area, this is a great app.  It can be used for individual students, or for small groups of students.  I decided to create my mini lesson plan around the idea of telling time, and included content standards as well as a link to another website that provides worksheets that would work for my lesson.  Overall, this was very helpful and useful because I know that creating lesson plans involving technology is going to be incredibly important.

-Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment