Friday, May 1, 2015

Week 3: iMovie

Last week, we filmed a video as a group.  We used iMovie to turn it in to a short, 30-second informational "commercial."  The actual filming was very fun and easy -- who doesn't know how to use a video camera?  Although I had never had any experience with iMovie, it was pretty straightforward.  On the computer, it isn't my favorite thing to use because I don't think that younger kids would be able to use it easily.  Since my ideal grade level is Pre-K or Kindergarten, I really don't feel like I would use it much in a classroom setting.

We also used iMovie on an iPad, which was much more realistic for a classroom.  This one was limited, but it was incredibly easy to maneuver.  I feel like even 5 or 6 year old students would be able to make a short little movie to show something that they have learned.

Overall, I like the idea of using iMovie in a classroom, but probably not on a computer.  I think that since more schools are integrating iPads into the classroom, it would be much more relevant to use iMovie on an iPad.

We also start to talk briefly about Google Maps, but since I haven't started that project I will talk about it later.

-Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment